Saturday, September 23, 2006

Welcome Autumn

I love fall. I like the leaves changing color and the crisp feeling in the air. I love getting my sweaters out of summer storage and putting away the summer stuff. I love buying really great apples and putting them in a big bowl on my kitchen table. It's the best time of year. Give me 50 and 60 degree weather all the time, I much prefer it to 80's and 90's.

However, it has drizzled here for days and days. Everything is gray and the damp cool weather has brought on a horrible allergy attack. I feel crappy. This is perfect knitting weather though and sitting around knitting is my only plan for today.

I am still working on squares for my Lizard Ridge afghan. I took Chris' advice and went to Webs to look at the discounted Kureyon. I still might order some, but with shipping it works out to be about the same price as anywhere else. They do have some great colors though. I want each square to be in a different colorway. I'm using my new handy dandy little notebook to keep track of the colors. When you pick up a skein at the LYS, each one looks different depending on how it was wound. If I don't record the color numbers, I am afraid I will end up duplicating. For example, everywhere I go I end up picking up color 165 and admiring it, only to realize I've already used it for a square.

Tomorrow is the end of Look Back and Cringe. Christina has posted a picture and reminded me of the fashion trend of layering socks. If this comes back it could be a great thing for all of you that are knitting a ton of socks.

Pull up a box of tissues, a good DVD, something hot to drink and knit through your allergies. Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Now that sounds like a plan! I think I might add a nap to that agenda since I was up coughing my head off at four o'clock this morning. Otherwise, I think we are looking at similar days today!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. Layered scrunchy socks. I forgot all about them. Let's hope the fashion divas and designers forget about them, too.

Chris said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day! I had similar plans, but never got much knitting done, alas.

Guinifer said...

I missed the Kureyon the other morning too. Didn't stop me from buying some!!
Good luck on your project!

Sydney Harper said...

I saw the Herrshner's Kureyon too, but it was all gone by the time I got there. Not that I really NEED any or even have plans for any.