Friday, September 22, 2006

A Little Knitting

I'm out here. Not much knitting to report, just a little. I've been working on the stockinette sleeves which is fairly boring knitting, and periodically I've been working on these:

They need washing and blocking, but my plan is to get four done and then block. I really love working on these. The knitting is fun and I never know what the yarn is going to do next. I missed the boat yesterday. I got the Herrschner's weekly yarn sale e-mail and Kureyon was on sale for less than $5 a skein. By the time I got to the site it was all gone! I have a feeling there are a whole lot of people knitting this afghan.

Look Back and Cringe update:
Kaye and I graduated from high school the same year, so her 80's experiences seem to be close to my own. The hair was certainly similar. I don't know about you, but I don't have time to stand around with a curling iron for an hour every morning, so the hairstyles can't come back.
Karen has posted pictures, but didn't leave me her blog address, so Karen K, please come back and share your blog so that we can all take a peek!

Like just about everyone else, my allergies are miserable and I don't have a ton of energy. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more knitting this weekend.

5 comments:

renee said...

Oh my gosh! I love your squares!!! I want to see them in person. I've been trying to find Kureyon on ebay really cheap, but no luck so far. Of course, I don't have time to make yet another blanket right this minute, but I want to! I'm hoping to post my 80s pictures today. However, I'm dying with the allergies, too.

Chris said...

Your squares are gorgeous!!

Have you checked Webs (yarn.com) to see if they have any kureyon specials?

Kristy said...

Kate! Thank you so much for signing up to knit a square/squares for Grandmother Purl. I am so excited about the response and can't wait to see the squares that everyone comes up with!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Chris had a good suggestion. The last time I checked WEBS, they had several colors in the discounted section. I just checked and they are down to four colors: http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1001-1294-1323/0/25/3167

I'm so tempted by that pattern, but I'm trying to be a good little knitter and not start something new. There are way too many WIPs around here! Your squares look great!

Sheepish Annie said...

Uurrgggg! The allergies! I'm still just a giant mess of sneezes and groans. Your knitting seems to have fared well, though. Just be careful of the cold medications...they'll make it tricky, to say the least! ;)