Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Fun

Not a lot of knitting to report. I am working on the sleeves of the $9 cardi and it should be done this week. I had an enjoyable and productive weekend though. Thanks for all the suggestions for making my life as an Indexer easier and more productive. No, Renee, it does not surprise me at all that you are doing this too. Thanks Helen, but I think I will pass on the dewey decimal system in my own home (this would take it to a scary cat lady place I don't want to go) and try Chris' suggestion for KnitAble. The cat drowned my Palm in his water dish a couple years ago and I never replaced it, but it comes in a Window version that I am going to try.

My husband says the mouse is dead but I'm still creeped out, so Saturday I took apart my kitchen and put it back together. I spent 4 hours scrubbing and rearranging furniture. I washed the windows, dusted the blinds, washed the floors. No mice and no mice evidence so I feel a lot better. Plus, I really like how the dining area looks now.

The cupboard on the wall was my grandmother's. Not a family heirloom or an antique, but I always remember it in her dining area. The finish was in pretty bad shape so I painted it red a couple of years ago. It's a great place to store all my cookbooks. I don't cook, but it's nice to be able to read about it now and again. And no, my chairs don't match. This was not an accident, it was an on purpose. The guy at the furniture store thought I was nuts. The table expands into a big square with the leaf. I love being able to have 8 people around the table at once. If I'm going to torture people with my cooking, I can at least make them comfortable, right?

Sunday I met my friend Kim for lunch and shopping. She returns to school tomorrow to begin another year of teaching. This week will be a whole lot of meetings and preparation for students to return the following week. We'll need liquid sustenance the weekend after Labor Day when she will have been through the dreaded first week of school. She was carrying her beer goggles bag I made. She tells me that she gets compliments on it everywhere she goes and I now almost believe her. We had a sales person at the Aldo following us around trying to convince me to make her one too.

Last night we watched the Emmys and I knit. Simple relaxing weekend. Got some stuff done, had some fun. I like simple relaxing weekends.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

I LOVE that color blue on your dining room wall. Very charming.

Sheepish Annie said...

Such a nice clean house...I wouldn't know what that's like. No mouse would dare invade an environment at that level of "orderly". If I had a mouse here, I probably wouldn't even know it at this point.

Chris said...

Ahhhh... simple relaxing weekend. Lucky you. Mine was fun, but definitely busier than my usual.