Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I have a cleaning-boy

Yesterday was a rough day all the way around. Difficult clients at work, difficult parents in Little League, bad night at my son's game. Just a tough day. So as I am a glass half full kind of person, I'm looking at the bright side.

I finished the knitting on my Picovoli last night. Just a few loose ends to weave in and the blocking. I love having something finished and new to wear at the same time! I'll get someone in the house to take a picture when the weaving is done. It only took 10 days to knit and 4 skeins of the Rowan Cashcotton. I liked the yarn a lot, but it does have the dreaded angora. I'm not crazy about the fuzzies that seem to get everywhere!

The other good thing that has happened this week is that I have someone doing the cleaning for the summer. My son is at that age where he constantly has a wish list of electronic do-dads that he must have. Unfortunately he is also at the age where he is too young to have a real job. So this summer he is my cleaning lady. The works. Dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, laundry. Last Friday was training day and this week he started. It is very nice to come home to a clean house. Before you all send me notes about how he should be doing these things just as part of the family, he still has the same regular unpaid chores to do too.

Last night at the park I started swatching the Paton's Katrina and I tell you what, I'm gonna love knitting with this yarn. Stretchy good. Of course I'm going to love it. I've looked around and I'm going to have a hard time finding more of it. Not that I would buy more, 'cos of my very strict yarn diet. I'm not falling off the wagon on day two!

Post script: Yes, checking online it appears that this yarn has been discontinued. Of course it has. It will be my new Lion Kool Wool. Loved, but unavailable.

7 comments:

Sydney Harper said...

I didn't realize Katrina had been discontinued. I may have to zip down to Hobby Lobby this week and see if they still have some.

Good deal on the cleaning boy. :)

sheep#100 said...

A cleaning boy!
Sigh.

renee said...

I hate to do this to you, but I saw two big buckets of Kool Wool for $1 a skein at the Petter's store in the Mall of America.

Kelly said...

I cleaned my Mother's House all through out school for pay and I turned out just fine. I think it is a great idea to have him do this, not to mention how prepared he will be when his time to leave the house comes.

Chris said...

Does he want to do my place, too?! :)

Tania A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tania A said...

I saw some Lion Kool Wool the other day, at Hobby Lobby. Is it really discontinued? And Katrina hasn't been discontinued that I can tell? Yarndex still lists it as currently produced ... but it's not listed on Patons' website. Oh no! I love that yarn, and want so much to make a scarf for myself with it. Damn this yarn diet!