Thursday, May 25, 2006

Secret Pal

My secret pal is a spinner! I am in awe of my secret pal. My Nancy Drew instincts are again kicking in, but I am strong, I will resist the urge to try tracking her through the blogosphere. But if I stumble on clues, what can I do? Right up until she says, "I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you kids!".

Sorry. That was just cheesy. But I'm having a tough day as my body is now comprised of 90% mucus. The other 10% is phlegm and headache. So getting a secret pal gift today was truly the highlight of my entire day.

Here is the handspun goodness that was waiting for me when I arrived home tonight.


She must have been reading my blog because all the skeins are my favorite colors! And soft, soft, soft.

When I was a kid, whenever we got sick my dad would pick up a new coloring book and box of crayons on his way home from the office. Then he'd change out of his suit and sit and color with us. If we were really sick he'd even move the 13" black and white t.v. into our room so that we could watch.

These are my new coloring book. Thank you secret pal. I'm taking a skein and some needles and crawling into bed.

7 comments:

trek said...

That is a wonderful pile of yarn - lucky you to have such a talented secret pal!

Beth said...

Hope you feel better soon!

sydney said...

That's some nice looking yarn you got. Take care of yourself!

Chris said...

Wow, what a fabulous SP! Look at all that loveliness.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow...

Kelly said...

Great stuff from your SP. Sorry about the cold, I just got over a nasty one. BTY, Betty's is on Central and 8th. Right by the Aveda institute. The Motoknitters meet the second Thursday of every month. I haven't been yet.

renee said...

Sorry that you aren't feeling well! It sucks to be sick when it's so nice out. That was a sweet story about your dad, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am happy that you like. I have been neglecting you and I am sorry....Work is crazy and I had the granddaughter for a week, but more is on the way soon!

Have a good week!

Your secret Pal!