Friday, May 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

I wish I was a techie blogger. Then I could post this to a sidebar and not have it as my main post. But I'm not and it is early in the morning and I have a hole in my street and my parents are visiting. So now is not the time to become techie blogger. Sorry. Here is my completed Secret Pal questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am a wool girl but I'll knit with anything. The only thing I really dislike is novelty yarn and angora.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A drawer in my stash closet.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for 3 years. I would say I'm intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lilac or anything clean.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, yes, yes. The kind with sugar. I love junky candy and chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am a complete DIY nut. I crochet, I sew, I paint, I scrapbook. No spinning here, I'm dizzy enough.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like everything except country. My favorites are Green Day, Led Zepplin, Pink, Mozart, and Yo Yo Ma

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love brown and blue together. I can't wear yellow, but I love it.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married for 16 years and I have a 13 year old son. I have two dogs and a big fat cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, it's damn cold here. You wear hats, mittens, and scarves or you freeze.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats, bags, sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?
My fifth handbag of the year, a poncho for my niece, and a shawl.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Doesn't everyone?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I do just about everything on circular needles. I love addis. I love my Denise plastic set too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was 8 or 9 years old but I didn't keep up with it. I took a class at a yarn shop close to my work and was addicted.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
It is a crochet afgan that is about 6 years old.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I go nuts decorating the house.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Other than yarn no.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am promising myself enough Lorna's Laces (one of my favorite yarns) to do a clapotis someday. I subscribe to Interweave, Vogue Knitting, Creative Knitting

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Fair Isle

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No. I just can't get myself to fiddle around with size 0's. I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
October 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. Thanks for putting thw questionaire up!

Let the spoiling begin.....

Have a nice day!

Your SP8 Pal

Mrs. H said...

You don't have to knit socks on 0's, you know. That's what Cascade Fixation was made for! It calls for US 3 or 4s. Of course, I'm a sock fiend so I'm always trying to get people to try it. :-)

How's the hole in the street doing?