Monday, February 20, 2006

Olympic Confusion

A friend has convinced me it's not too late (obviously this friend is not a knitter) to re-knit my Einstein before next Sunday. I'm going to give it my best effort. I found gauge this morning after ripping and rewinding the three skeins I'd already knit.

Did anyone find the Ice Dancing competition a little weird last night? Some of the lifts were ugly. Not just the ones that sent one partner crashing, the ones that apparently worked. I am assuming this is because you get more points if your head and foot connect. Some of the positions were just really unattractive. I told my husband it was like a little kid who shows you he can flip his eyelids up. Yuck. This is not an attractive talent. Neither were some of those lifts! Of course with all the falls, crashing, and angry looks, my husband and son considered this the most entertaining display of ice dancing in the known universe. They said that the only way it would have been better is if the routines were all performed at once so that there would be the possibility of teams crashing into each other.

So here are my WIP and disasters. What's left of Einstein, Odessa, and Maxine modeling the double knit hat.





Luckily it's Presidents Day and I'll be home most of the day. I can knit, knit, knit. 5 years ago a friend and I decided to celebrate President's Day. Afterwards I had to give up drinking scotch. I'm glad I'm older and wiser now.

No comments: