Sunday, February 19, 2006

Freestyle

Tough weekend. I had to rip out my Odessa because I made a horrible yarn over mistake in the decreases. Hats become really useless with BIG GIANT HOLES in them! Not the pattern's fault, completely a user error. The pattern is wonderful. Easy to memorize and just flies along. Until I lose track of my decreasing and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

Yesterday in the ripping frustration, I cast on a double knit hat. By last night I had about 3 inches completed and hands that felt about 95 years old. This will be a slow process on number 6 needles.

Today, hands cramped and a blister (non knitting related) on my pinkie, I decided to go big. I cast on for a sweater in Lana Grossa Due Chine on number 9s. I have wanted a sweater with a wide ribbed waist for a while. I can't find a pattern that I like so I'm making my own. Why, with the knitting luck I have had lately, I think I'm up for freestyling it I don't know. But I'm going for it.

Pictures of in progress and disasters tomorrow.

No comments: