Sunday, February 12, 2006

Groin Injury in the Knitting Olympics

I think I'm going to have to frog my Einstein. I can't seem to get row gauge which would be no big deal if I didn't have to pick up stitches from the side later. I've thought of all the ways I could save the 20" I've already done and I can't figure it out. I have to decide to frog or to plunge ahead knowing that this thing is oversized and I'm undersized. Maybe it will work. Or maybe I'm rationalizing.

To cheer myself up, I started knitting an Odessa. This is my first experience with beads and I'm in love!!! I want to bead more! It's a little knitting miracle. Not to mention that this yarn is to die for. Soft, knits up well with good stitch definition, holds the gauge. Love it. Unfortunately so does my emergency backup dog, Maxine. She is fascinated by it. She has jumped up on my chair taken the ball and run off with it a dozen times already today.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this thing, I will post a finished Odessa and an undersized Einstein.

I just heard a really awful noise downstairs. I'm afraid Maxine is rearranging the living room furniture or something.

No comments: