Sunday, March 12, 2006

I have the attention span of a three-year old!

To reward myself for finishing a cotton sleeve, I started a lace shawl last night. It's my first attempt at lace knitting and a really simple pattern from Knitter's Stash. I'm using some Outback Mohair which is fuzzy fuzzy soft and I didn't have to take out a bank loan to buy a really big skein. (I want to try expensive mohair, but what if I hate knitting with mohair?)

Albert ventured out of John's room long enough to try it on and seems to approve.



I really am going to finish the $%^&@@%* cotton sweater, but I need a break from knit, knit, knit in the round with cotton yarn. I was to the point of having to stab myself in the forehead with my needles to keep myself awake.

Once I started the lace shawl, I realized I would need another skein of mohair to finish the shawl. So I was forced to run to Yarn Cafe to buy another. (Come on, I haven't bought yarn in two days!). While I was there I found some great Schaeffer to use for the sleeves of my jean jacket project. Which I am not allowing myself to start until I finish the sweater. Or at least the next sleeve.

Here is the jean jacket project. Which I'm not starting yet. But I might wind the yarn. And knit a gauge swatch. . .

No comments: